About Ezra Hasofer
I want to extend a warm and personal welcome to anyone living in Ramat BeitShemeshGimmel to come join us for a shabbos. I am confident you will immediately sense the uniqueness and the potential our community has to offer you.
We exist as a Kehillah in order to support and strengthen one another’s spiritual growth, recognizing that the purpose of life is to utilize every precious minute & opportunity to become closer to Hashem. In order to do so, we need to become caring, giving Jews – giving to each other and clinging to Hashem through Torah, Mitzvos&Chessed.
Let us remind ourselves that the Torah was not given to individuals, but to a nation – the original Kehillah! When a group of people with a focused goal join forces, something special is created.
As we continue to expand, we need to remain vigilant in preserving our identity and our core values. Much of life is about balance. Being truly empathetic to others, understanding their situation & caring for them without compromising one’s own standards or views is the challenge. As K’lalYisrael splinters off into ever-smaller and narrower factions, we are attempting very consciously to buck the trend.
Here are the key values we stand for:
- A commitment to daily Torah learning
- A warm atmosphere for the whole family
- Emphasis on good character and self-development
- The sanctity of Tefillah
- Absolute commitment to guarding the Halachah
- Balancing integration into Israel society while preserving our original customs and identity
- We must all get involved in helping to build and support communities like this one. Participation and involvement are crucial at every level. I am proud and privileged to be at the helm of such a special group of people – May Hashem see the seriousness with which we approach our sacred task and crown it with success – May we continue to enjoy Simchos together.